CATONSVILLE, MD. – The CCBC Catonsville softball team swept the doubleheader over Allegany College of Maryland on Wednesday afternoon with the scores of 17-3 and 16-0. With those wins, the Lady Cardinals move to 25-7 on the season and lead the Maryland JUCO conference with a perfect record of 10-0.
GAME 1: Lady Cardinals 17, Trojans 3. WP- Marissa Heuer (14-1), LP- Jasmine Benson (0-5)
- The Lady Cardinals jumped out to an early lead with a six spot in the first inning. Marissa Heuer gave herself run support a three-run home run in the inning.
- Heuer continued her damage on the plate with a two-run double in the third inning, the Lady Cardinals scored five in that inning.
- The Trojans scored three in the top of the fourth, but the Lady Cardinals served back with four in the bottom of the inning, including a two-run double by Jennifer Wolinski.
- Amy Propst got the last three outs of the game as the Lady Cardinals picked up their 24th win of the season via the Run-Ahead Rule.
GAME 2: Lady Cardinals 16, Trojans 0. WP- Chrissy Jordan (5-2), LP- Autumn Zeglen (0-2)
- The bats remained hot in the second game of the doubleheader with Hailey Manning driving in three and Alleshia Pullen drove in two as the Lady Cardinals put up a ten spot in the first.
- The pouring of runs continued in the second inning led by a two-run home run by Pullen as she was halfway through a cycle.
- Pullen went 4-4, with a single, double, triple, and home run, to pick up a cycle in the game and the Lady Cardinals easily won the second game with the score of 16-0.
- Marissa Heuer picked up seven RBI's on the day including a home run in both games, she now has 44 on the season, which is 4th best in NJCAA DII.
- Pullen picked up eight hits and seven RBI's on the day as she picked up a cycle in the second game.
- Casey Turner stretched out three doubles on Wednesday to increase her season total to 13, which is tied for 2nd in the conference. The conference leader is Catonsville's own Alexa Holderfield with 19, which is also best in the nation.
- Marissa Heuer picked up her 14th win of the season in game one, which put her in tie for 5th in the nation and best in conference, her ERA of 1.20 is also among the nation's leaders.
- Hailey Manning drove in four runs on the day to increase her season total to 28, which puts her 7th in the conference.
- The Lady Cardinals now have seven of the top ten conference leaders in RBI's.
- Chrissy Jordan tossed three shutout innings in game two and to decrease her ERA to 2.50, which is 5th in the conference.
- The Lady Cardinals head to Frederick Community College for a doubleheader on Saturday afternoon.