Catonsville, MD- The Lady Cardinals matched-up against Delaware Technical Community College for a double-header on Sunday. Catonsville would split the series winning the first game and dropping the second bringing their record to 19-7 on the year.
Game 1: Catonsville 10, Delaware Technical Community College 4. (Seven Innings). WP- Marissa Heuer (11-1), LP- Camryn Thompson (0-1).
- Heuer allowed six hits and four runs through seven innings pitched, adding seven strikeouts.
- Akirra Pullen led the charge for the Lady Cardinals with a three-run homer in the fifth inning.
- RBI's belonged to Akirra Pullen (5), Casey Turner (2), Alexa Holderfield, Hailey Manning, and Marissa Heuer.
- Delaware Technical Community College added three runs on back-to-back doubles in the fifth inning to prevent an early ending for the game.
Game 2: Catonsville 3, Delaware Technical Community College 5. (Seven Innings). WP- Caitlin Pontak (1-0), LP- Akirra Pullen (3-3).
- Akirra Pullen would pitch the full 7.0 innings, allowing five runs off ten hits.
- Jamie Smith and Akirra Pullen both hit doubles.
- Casey Turner stayed hot with a solo homerun in the first inning.
- RBI's belonged to Alleshia Pullen, Casey Turner, and
- Alexa HolderfieldDelaware Technical Community College scored three runs in the seventh inning to take a two run lead.
The Lady Cards will travel to Harford Community College on April 3rd to take on the Fighting Owls for a road matchup at 3:00 PM.