Catonsville, MD- Lady Cards faced DI opponent Richard Bland in a St. Patty's day doubleheader. Catonsville would extend their win streak to eight after sweeping the contest- the later of the two games in extra innings.
Game 1: Catonsville 6, Richard Bland 1. WP- Marissa Heuer (5-1), LP- Megan Vincent (0-3).
- Heuer would only allow one run on five hits. She would record 11 strikeouts.
- Hailey Manning and Leah Propst would continue their ways and hit a double each.
- RBI's belonged to Jamie Smith (2), Akirra Pullen, Leah Propst, and Chrissy Jordan (2).
- The one run that was scored was unearned.
Game 2: Catonsville 7, Richard Bland 6. (8 innings). WP- Marissa Heuer (6-1), LP- Joana Holland (1-3).
- Cardinals would use three pitchers for this eight inning contest- Chrissy Jordan had the start, Akirra Pullen came in relief, and Marissa Heuer would record the win.
- Alexa Holderfield would hit her 10th double of the season.
- Hailey Manning walked four times in five plate appearances. Her only at-bat was a hit.
- Casey Turner, Ak. Pullen (4), and Leah Propst (2) would be the Cardinals clutch hitters for the game.
- In the top of the eighth, with the international tie-breaker in effect, Katie Haney singled up the middle to make the game 5-4. An error placed her in scoring position at third base, which allowed a fly out by M. Kelley to make the game 6-4. Haney's scored run was unearned.
- In the bottom of the eighth, Casey Turner would single up the middle to score Madeline English, cutting down Richard Bland's lead to 6-5. With bases juiced, Akirra Pullen would hit the ball just past the shortstop playing in. Her single would bring in Manning and Holderfield to win the ballgame 7-6.
The Lady Cards hope to extend their winning streak to 10 this coming Friday (3/22), when they will travel to Hagerstown CC for a conference doubleheader.
Written by: Casey Kidwell