Catonsville, MD- The Lady Cards swept conference rival Chesapeake College Saturday afternoon, outscoring the Skipjacks 18-5. Catonsville is now on a six game win-streak, and refuses to accept defeat at the bird's nest.
The Catonsville and Chesapeake rivalry is one known all too well. For years, these two programs prove time and time again to be powerhouses of not only the conference, but the region. The Lady Cards came ready to win, and they would do just that. Twice.
Game 1: Cardinals 12, Skipjacks 4 (6 innings). WP- Marissa Heuer (4-1), LP- Mackenzie Werner (0-1)
- Leah Propst would hit her first homerun of the season, a grand slam to left field.
- Akirra Pullen would also hit her first homerun of the season; it was also the hit that ended the game in 6.
- Heuer would throw a strong 5.1 innings, throwing 63 strikes out of 99 total pitches. She also struck out 8.
- The RBI's would be spread widely amongst the Cardinals, including Casey Turner, Alexa Holderfield, Hailey Manning, Ak. Pullen (3), Chrissy Jordan, and Leah Propst (5)
- Chrissy Jordan would close out the final two outs in fifth inning- recording a strikeout in the process.
Game 2: Cardinals 6, Skipjacks 1. WP- Akirra Pullen (3-1), LP- Brooke Morton (0-1).
- Pullen would toss a complete game, only allowing 3 hits and recording 6 strikeouts.
- Pullen would go 3-3 at the plate, including a double and a triple.
- Marissa Heuer and Alexa Holderfield both sent one out of the park.
- Casey Turner recorded 2 RBI's.
Akirra Pullen would go 5-7 on the weekend with three extra-base hits. (HR, 2B, 3B). Pullen also tossed a complete game, only giving up one run on three hits, respectively.
Catonsville hopes to continue their winning ways against a tough DI opponent tomorrow, Richard Bland.
Written by: Casey Kidwell