BLACKWOOD, N.J. – The CCBC Catonsville baseball team concluded their regular season with a doubleheader against Camden Community College Cougars on Saturday afternoon. The Cardinals will begin their postseason with the NJCAA Region XX DII tournament play-in game on Tuesday, May 7, against Allegany College of Maryland.
Game 1: Cougars 8, Cardinals 4. WP- Philip Gannon (1-2), LP- Jack Adamson (0-1)
- Saving the pitchers for the regional tournament, the Cardinals had six pitchers throw one inning each in game one on Saturday afternoon.
- Andrew Caccamisi, Jackson Campbell, Jalen Bowen, and Travis Weaver all gave up no runs in their one-inning each relief appearances.
- Julio Aguilar Yon and Nick Carpio each hit two-run home runs each to lead the Cardinals offensively.
- Aguilar, Carpio, Aronne Dutton, Easy Goita, and Trevor Smoot each collected a pair of hits in the first game on Saturday afternoon.
Game 2: Cougars 10, Cardinals 0. WP- Nick Kulikowski (5-4), LP- Alex Bolton (2-6)
- Like the first game on Saturday, the Cardinals preserved their pitchers with four different pitchers throwing one inning each in game two as the game ended after the top of the fifth inning via the Run-Ahead Rule.
- Trevor Smoot came in to pitch the third inning and he tossed a shutout inning, giving up just one hit.
- Travis Weaver and Jalen Bowen collected a hit each in the second game on Saturday afternoon, while Zeke Maldonado drew two walks.
- The two-run home run in the first game by Julio Aguilar Yon was his third of the season.
- Nick Carpio hit his fourth homerun of the season with the two-run home run.
- On the day, Zeke Maldonado got on base four times, which increases his on-base percentage to .503, which is top ten in the Maryland JUCO Conference.
- The Cardinals finished the regular season with a record of 23-27 and conference record of 13-13.
- The Cardinals finished as the #5 seed in the NJCAA Region XX DII tournament. They will head to Montgomery College to take on Allegany College of Maryland in the first play-in game on Tuesday morning. The winner of that game will take on Montgomery College, with the winner advancing to the regional tournament hosted by Frederick Community College.