CATONSVILLE, Md. – The CCBC Catonsville Cardinals baseball team hosted a Tri-Match on Saturday right here in Catonsville, with Community College of Rhode Island and Potomac State of WVU being the other two opponents. The Cardinals split the two games, with Jackson Campbell delivering the walk-off hit against Potomac State.
Game 1: Community College of Rhode Island 16 (19-10), Cardinals 3 (21-21). WP- Ben Sears (5-1), LP- Alex Bolton (2-4)
- The Knights offense scored early and often on Saturday morning, they scored two runs each in the first three innings of the game and the extended the lead to 9-1 after four.
- They put together a seven run inning in the top of the first which extended their lead to 15.
- The Cardinals rallied to score two unearned runs in the bottom of the fifth, but fell in this to the Knights in five innings via the Run-Ahead Rule.
Game 2: Cardinals 7 (22-21), Potomac State of WVU Catamounts 6 (28-9). WP- Travis Weaver (5-6), LP- Nathan Kerr (2-2)
- After an extended break in between games for the Cardinals as the Knights and the Catamounts played the middle game, the Cardinals returned to action in the final game of the day.
- The long break did not affect the Cardinals' offense as they put up four runs in the top of the first.
- Dwayne Thomas had an RBI single in the inning, but the big hit came off the bat of Jackson Campbell who delivered a two-run single to double the lead after the first inning.
- Andrew Caccamisi took the mound for the Cardinals and the Westminster, Maryland native went 4.2 innings giving up just one run.
- Jackson Campbell came in to relieve Caccamisi and he was able to keep the lead intact going into the seventh inning.
- The Catamounts had stringed together three runs going into the seventh, but they were down by one and needed to rally in the top half of the inning and they scored three runs in the inning to take a 6-4 lead into the bottom of the seventh.
- Looking to rally in the bottom of the seventh, leadoff hitter Aronne Dutton drove a triple to get on base and came around to score on a Travis Weaver RBI groundout.
- Down by one, the Cardinals loaded the bases in the bottom of the seventh with just one for Jackson Campbell and he delivered the big hit as the Cardinals scored three in the bottom of the seventh to win their 22nd of the game of the season.
- Andre Lambert went two for two in game one against the Knights.
- In game two, Jackson Campbell went 3 for 3 with four RBI's to lead the Cardinals offensively.
- Travis Weaver grabbed the win against the Catamounts, he now has five on the season, which ties him with Kieran Garner for most on the team.
- Saturday's win was the second true walk-off win for the Cardinals this season, after their walk-off over Garett College on April 13th.
- The Cardinals win the season series against the Catamounts, 2-1, as both teams split the games at Potomac State earlier this season.
- The Cardinals travel down I-695 to take on cross-county rivals CCBC Essex in a crucial NJCAA Region XX DII matchup on Sunday afternoon. Coming into the game, both schools are in the top three in the region with CCBC Essex being 2nd and the Cardinals being 3rd with just over a week left in the regular season.