CATONSVILLE, Md. – The CCBC Cardinals baseball team defeated Cecil College with the final score of 19-9 in seven innings on Thursday afternoon. An eight-run inning, including three homeruns in the second fueled the Cardinals to their 18th win of the season, they swept the season series against the Seahawks.
LINESCORE: Cardinals 19 (18-18, 9-7), Seahawks 9 (4-25-1, 3-15). WP- Travis Weaver (3-6), LP- Jaily Paredes (0-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cardinals' bats were hot all afternoon starting with all nine batters coming to bat in the first and five crossing home plate to give the Cardinals a 5-0 lead after one.
- The big inning came in the second and it started with leadoff hitter Zeke Maldonado sailed a ball past the trees in left field to increase the Cardinals lead.
- Aronne Dutton followed up with a walk and came around to score on a two-run home run by Moises Aristy Jr.
- Julio Aguilar Yon followed up the Aristy Jr. home run with a solo home run of his own as the first four batters of the inning came around to score for the Cardinals.
- Later in the inning, Gabe Andreyev drove in two on a single as the Cardinals took a commanding 12-0 lead.
- In total 12 batters came to bat in the inning for the Cardinals, scoring eight.
- The Cardinals scored three more and had a 16-0 lead going into the fifth when the Seahawks rallied to score seven in the inning to pull to within 16-7 after five.
- Two runs scored on a single by Moises Aristy Jr. in the bottom of the sixth as the Cardinals lead was back up to 11.
- The Seahawks pulled to within nine in the seventh with a two-run single by Hector Laguer.
- Bases were loaded in the bottom of the seventh and Aronne Dutton hit a single down the left field line to score Andrew Caccamisi as the Cardinals' lead went back up to 10 and they went on to win their 18th game of the season via the Run-Ahead Rule.
- Travis Weaver started the game for the Cardinals, pitching a no-hitter through four innings, striking out five and got his third win of the season.
- Jalen Bowen pitched two innings in relief, giving up two runs and striking out one.
- Maldonado hit his fourth home run of the season, while Aristy Jr. hit his third and Aguilar Yon hitting his second of the season.
- Aristy Jr. got on base five times on Thursday afternoon, to improve his on-base percentage to .512, which is seventh in the conference.
The Cardinals host a doubleheader against Montgomery College on Saturday afternoon, both schools are in the Top Four of the NJCAA DII Region XX standings with just two weeks left in the regular season.