FREDERICK, Md. – The CCBC Catonsville baseball team travelled to Frederick Community College to face the Cougars for a doubleheader on Sunday afternoon. The Cardinals split the doubleheader, winning the second game 7-3, to move to 10-10 on the season.
Game 1: Cougars 8, Cardinals 3. WP- Brayden Coe (4-0), LP- Tyler Green (2-1)
- Tyler Green took the mound in consecutive games for the Cardinals and he struck out three in his fifth start of the season.
- Nick Carpio hit his second homerun of the season to add a run for the Cardinals.
- Andrew Caccamisi collected three hits and drove in a run and Zeke Maldonado drove in the other run for the Cardinals.
- Kieran Garner took the mound for the Cardinals in the second game on Sunday. The Clarksville, Maryland native gave up just three runs and struck out seven during his five inning start to get his second win of the season.
- Zeke Maldonado continued to do damage from the leadoff spot collecting two hits and driving in two runs.
- Hunter Todd drove in three runs on two hits including a double. Dwayne Thomas also hit two doubles to lead the Cardinals to their tenth win of the season.
- By driving in three runs on Sunday, Hunter Todd increased his season total to 15, which is the best on the team and among the Maryland JUCO Conference leaders.
- Keiran Garner fanned seven on Sunday, which increases his strikeouts per nine innings to 10.0 which is ninth in the conference, among the pitchers sitting ahead of him is fellow Cardinal Tyler Green who sits at sixth place with 10.65 K/9.
- Garner is also second in the conference with 30 punch-outs on the season, Green is right behind him with 28.
- The Cardinals have a brief homestand this week, they take on Prince George's on Wednesday and cross-county rivals, CCBC Essex on Thursday right here at the Birds' Nest.