CATONSVILLE, Md. – The CCBC Baseball team began the Maryland portion of their season winning a pair of games against Tompkins Cortland, by scores of 16-1 & 24-0 respectively. After weather cancelled the previous five games, the Cardinals had their home opener against the Panthers. The Cardinals move to 4-5 on the season, while the Panthers move to 0-2.
Game 1: Cardinals 16, Panthers 1 (WP- Kieran Garner (1-2), LP- Ray Mineo (0-1)
- Kieran Garner went 5.2 No-hit innings in his first career start. The Clarksville, Maryland native struck-out ten batters and gave up just one hit and an earned run.
- Down 1-0, nine batters came up to bat in the bottom of the third inning for the Cardinals, scoring four runs with four hits in the inning to take command of the game.
- Offensively for the Cardinals, Hunter Todd led the way three hits and three RBI's.
- Moises Aristy Jr., Travis Weaver, Easy Goita, Chris Reese, and Lucas Carr collected two RBI's each on the way for the Cardinals to get their third win of the season.
- The bats came alive in the sixth inning when the Cardinals scored nine runs to take command of game one of the double-header.
Game 2: Cardinals 24, Panthers 0 (WP- Travis Weaver (1-2), LP- Ryan Pepicelli (0-1)
- Travis was in command all game, pitching six shutout innings with 7 Ks.
- The third and the sixth innings were big for the Cardinals as they scored 19 runs combined to take control of game two and move to 4-5 on the season.
- Garner and Weaver each picked up their first career wins as Cardinals.
- Easy Goita plated two batters today to lead the team with seven RBI's on the season.
- The Cardinals and the Panthers return to the diamond with another doubleheader tomorrow right here in Catonsville.